HELLO TO A BEAUTIFUL NEW SEMESTER!
Attendance: Madalena, Anna, Ted, Vivianne, Amelia, Ben, Joseph, Diego, Izzy, Wy Ming, James
1. The student groups fair is on Friday. If anyone wants to come hang out at the QueerWes table or make decorations, you will be so welcomed. Also, please express to friends that it will be a chance to sign up for the endlessacronym listserv or ask to be added to the facebook group (here) as those are our formal modes of communication at the moment.
2. We’d love for this blog to be used as a method of communication and sharing among queers and allies at Wesleyan. If anyone would like to contribute, contact Izzy. Contributions could be anything you please involving your queer or ally experience and level of commitment is up to you.
3. Queer Prom. TED HAS OFFICIALLY JOINED THE QUEER PROM COMMITTEE. If anyone else would like to, contact Izzy. We have big dreams for the event and suggestions were freaking fantastic today. Location, Theme, Music, Decorations, Funding, Publicity, and activities at the event itself all need to be decided and suggestions or help is happily welcomed.
4. NO ONE EATS SNACKS. WTF. SELTZER, MUNCHIES, AND CHEX MIX LEFT UNOPENED.
5. Event Suggestions for this semester:
-Queer Open Mic
-Consciousness Raising Groups (Ben) (aim to have important conversations and create a sense of shared experience and solidarity)
-Queer Foss Hill Day/”The Big Queer Hug”
-Queer Chalking Coalition
-Queer Manifesto creation (open suggestions in Usdan or elsewhere with a meeting later to discuss a draft)
-Caravan to Northhampton Pride near end of semester
-Wes Thinks Queer (short talks on queer history or culture; sharing information and queer thoughts)
5. JAMES APPEARS, DISCUSSES PLAN FOR 1320 CONDOMS, AND LEAVES TO EAT DINNER WITH FIANCE.
It was a fantastically enthusiastic meeting. See you all next week!