Presented by Student Activities and Leadership Development, Wesleyan Student Assembly, and Usdan University Center:
This Saturday, come to the Social Justice Leadership Conference! There will be brunch+keynote, followed by 3 blocks of 9 sessions!
The full schedule and session write-ups can be seen here:
Register here so we know to get you food!
KEYNOTE & BRUNCH
11-12pm (DFC Usdan)
P.Davis Smith, M.D.
SESSION BLOCK 1
12:10-1pm (41 Wyllys)
• Denying Dischord: The Effect of Explicit and Implicit Bias on Representation of Sexual Assault
• Constructing Racial Bridges Through Literature
• Radical Accessibility
SESSION BLOCK 2
1:10-2pm (41 Wyllys)
• Servant Leadership: Theory and Practice
• Flashmob: The Prospect of Using Dance to Fight for Social Justice
• Racial Segregation at Wesleyan
SESSION BLOCK 3
2:10-3pm (41 Wyllys)
• When Faith and Justice Collide
• The Privilege of Allyship
• Racial Identity Formation
3-4pm (DFC Usdan)
Registration begins at 10:30am in the DFC
The Social Justice Leadership Conference (SJLC) is a collaborative effort which provides a space for students, student groups, community members, alumni, faculty, and staff to discuss social justice and to learn and refine leadership skills. SJLC seeks to empower its participants to create change by applying the skills and knowledge acquired during the conference.